December 9: new stadium consultation
Scunthorpe United will host a consultation event over plans for the new stadium on Tuesday December 9.
The event will from from 2-8pm, with representatives from the club and Frank Whittle Partnership present to answer questions.
The stadium is planned to be built on a site which is current agricultural land, but has received outline planning permission for a commercial park for a range of uses. These include a food store, restaurants, hot food takeaways, sports, health and leisure facility, hotel and public house, and business park offices.
FWA Planning, who will submit the planning permission on behalf of the Iron, highlighted the key points of the development as:
- 12,000 capacity stadium, including ancillary club facilities
- 120 bedroom hotel
- Gymnasium/health club
- Outdoor training football pitch
- New access and site access roads, car parking and associated infrastructure
- Outline planning permission for a multi-use indoor arena with an indoor football pitch and a range of outdoor grass community football pitches
They also welcome feedback on the proposed development via email or post, via following methods before December 19:
- By post PO Box 1340, Preston, PR2 0TL
- By email firstname.lastname@example.org